TROY, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say they're preparing to release the names of a woman, her two children and a second woman who were found slain this week inside their upstate New York apartment.
The Troy Police Department says Thursday that the names and photos of the victims will be released "in the very near future." On Wednesday police divulged that the victims included a 36-year-old woman, her 5-year-old daughter, her 11-year-old son and a 22-year-old woman who was in a relationship with the older woman.
Officials have released few other details about the slayings since a property manager found the victims' bodies Tuesday in a basement apartment in a home along the Hudson River in Troy, just north of Albany.
Police Chief John Tedesco said that in more than 40 years in law enforcement he had "never seen savagery like this."
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police preparing to release names of 4 found slain in Troy home
- Names released of 2 women, 2 children found slain in Troy home
- UPDATE: Police release details on 4 bodies found in Troy apartment
- 4 people dead in Troy home; police say deaths appear suspicious
- Update: police release names involved in Cedarville crash
- Police release victims names in Maryland newsroom shooting
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- Defendants in slaying of 4 in Troy back to jail
- St. Luke's Home undergoes a name change
- UPDATE: Police release names of 3 people killed in 1-car crash on Thruway in Verona