TROY, N.Y. (AP) - Four people found slain inside a New York apartment house the day after Christmas have been identified as two children, their mother and a second woman.
Troy police Chief John Tedesco says the victims were a 36-year-old woman, her 5-year-old daughter, her 11-year-old son and a 22-year-old woman who had a relationship with the mother.
Tedesco says a property manager found the bodies Tuesday after being asked to check on the welfare of the residents of the basement apartment, one of five in a house located in the city's Lansingburgh section along the Hudson River just north of Albany.
Tedesco said Wednesday the slayings weren't a random act. He calls the killings the worst he has seen in 42 years in law enforcement but hasn't provided details.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPDATE: Police release details on 4 bodies found in Troy apartment
- Police preparing to release names of 4 found slain in Troy home
- Names released of 2 women, 2 children found slain in Troy home
- Details released in crash that killed Whitesboro officer
- Police release more details on shots fired incident outside Proctor High School
- Police release details on incident that led to stun gun death in Oneida
- Defendants in slaying of 4 in Troy back to jail
- Update: police release names involved in Cedarville crash
- 4 people dead in Troy home; police say deaths appear suspicious
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment