ONEONTA – Oneonta police have released the official cause of death for the 18-year-old freshman student at SUNY Oneonta who died on Dec. 2.
Police say the death of Daniel Michaels of Dix Hills, Suffolk County, was accidental, and it was caused by a “mixed drug toxicity,” which included amphetamine, ethanol, alprazolam and marijuana.
Michaels was a freshman studying business economics at SUNY Oneonta. He was found unresponsive at a private residence in Oneonta on Dec. 2.
Police say the investigation into Michaels’ death is continuing.
- Police say drug mixture caused SUNY Oneonta freshman's death
- SUNY Oneonta announces death of freshman student
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Unrecognized fraternity linked to death of SUNY Oneonta student
- Community members mourn the death of SUNY Oneonta student
- 2 arrested on drug charges in investigation into death of SUNY Oneonta student
- SUNY Oneonta student accused of fracturing man's skull with baton
- SUNY Oneonta student charged with attempted murder in stabbing incident
- SUNY Oneonta student accused of stabbing girlfriend released on bail
- Celebration of life in honor of Daniel Michaels tonight at SUNY Oneonta