ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A new poll finds two-time incumbent New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo holding a commanding lead over "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon among registered Democratic voters in the state's upcoming primary.
The NBC 4 New York/Marist College poll released Thursday shows Cuomo favored by 68 percent of Democrats compared to 21 percent for Nixon in the September primary. Eleven percent of voters are undecided.
A Siena College poll released just as Nixon formally kicked off her campaign in mid-March showed Cuomo leading her 66 percent to 19 percent among registered Democrats.
The survey conducted for NBC's New York City TV news affiliate and the upstate college questioned 697 registered Democrats from April 3 through April 9. It has a plus-minus error margin of 4.2 percentage points.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Poll: Cuomo maintains big lead over Nixon among NY Dems
- Poll: Cuomo holds big lead over Nixon among NY Dem voters
- Poll: Cuomo holds big leads over potential GOP challengers
- Liberal group endorses Nixon over Cuomo in NY governor race
- Capitol Watch: Special election, Nixon-Cuomo taxes
- Asked about Cynthia Nixon as challenger, Cuomo cracks jokes
- Cynthia Nixon seeks live television debate with Gov. Cuomo
- Facing Cuomo, Nixon looks to Ocasio-Cortez win
- Cynthia Nixon: Gov. Cuomo must initiate corruption probe