(November 6, 2017)
HERKIMER COUNTY- Officials with the Herkimer County IDA have confirmed with NEWSChannel 2 that the 5S Business Park in Frankfort could have a new tenant.
They confirmed JBF Stainless could be the third tenant along with Tractor Supply and the Heidelberg plant.
The company's current lease, located at the West Frankfort Business Park, will expire at the end of 2017 so officials hope they can seal a deal before that.
The Herkimer County IDA said there are two items that need to be resolved before JBF could move into the business park:
1. Approval of grant funding for construction.
2.Amend a local law that would allow for a height variance because the company works with large equipment.
Officials with the Herkimer County IDA said the company would like to have more than a $600,000 grant approval for the project as it would cost about $3 million.
"You know this is a great priority project for our region and for Herkimer County and it's our top priority," said Stephen Smith with the Herkimer County IDA. "We're hoping that they're going to get their 20 percent or as close to 20 percent," he added.
A representative for the company said if everything goes as planned, they would to be moved in by September 2018.
- Possible third tenant at 5S Business Park
- Frankfort 5S South Business Park to reach full capacity with 2 more tenants
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- NY to probe claims Kushners harassed tenants
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday
- New York State Department of Transportation give updates on Route 5S construction project
- Work underway at former Kmart plaza to prepare for new tenant
- The Doyle to open its doors for tenants soon in Baggs Square area