NEW YORK (AP) - The Swedish-born producer and DJ known as Avicii has been found dead in Oman.
Publicist Diana Baron said in a statement that the 28-year-old DJ, born Tim Bergling, was in Muscat, Oman.
Avicii was a pioneer of the contemporary Electronic Dance Movement and a rare DJ capable of worldwide arena tour. He won two MTV Music Awards, one Billboard Music Award and earned two Grammy nominations. His biggest hit was "Le7els."
His death comes just days after he was nominated for a Billboard Music Award for top dance/electronic album for his EP "Avicii (01)."
His hits include "Wake Me Up!" ''The Days" and "You Make Me."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Producer and DJ known as Avicii has been found dead
- Local DJ passes away
- Morning Newscast Producer/Reporter
- DJ charged with murder in 1992 cold case
- US student found dead in Bermuda
- Local DJ Matt Herkimer to retire after 51 years in radio
- UPDATE: Bronx man missing out of Delaware County found dead
- Police: Sullivan couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Night Court' star Harry Anderson, 65, found dead in home
- Search for missing toddler ends after mother found dead