Rachel May has unofficially won the Democratic primary election for the 53rd Senate District against Sen. David Valesky.
Unofficial results show that May received 52 percent of the vote with 8,013, and Valesky received 48 percent of the vote with 7,407.
Valesky has served in the Senate seat for 14 years. He will remain on the ballot on the Independence and Women’s Equality party lines, and May will appear on the Working Families Party line in addition to the Democratic Party line.
May and Valesky will be in a three-way race with Republican candidate Janet Burl Burman, who will be running on both the Republican and Conservative party lines.
- Rachel May unofficial winner of Democratic Primary for 53rd Senate District
- Assemblyman Bill Magee unofficial winner of 121st District Democratic primary
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin unofficially wins Republican primary
- Oneida Co. District 18 legislator wins unofficial vote by 1
- Democratic primaries in 19th, 21st Congressional Districts today
- Local Congressional Districts Primary Results
- 2018 Congressional Democratic Primary Results