REMSEN - The phrase “hometown hero” is used a lot to describe Remsen native and four-time Olympic luger Erin Hamlin.
And though they say it takes a village to raise a child, the Remsen community that watched Erin grow up says they continue to support a hero,
They needed an extra-large card and an even bigger room to support all the well-wishing from the Remsen community who came out to the Remsen High School Monday morning to watch Erin Hamlin in her qualifying run.
"She’s always been our hometown hero and we wouldn't want to be any place but here to watch her,” said one Remsen resident.
The two final rounds of women’s singles luge will begin at 5:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. local time on Tuesday, and the local community is again invited to watch at Remsen High School. To watch Run 3 and Run 4 live on Tuesday, click here.
- Remsen residents turn out to support 'hometown hero' Erin Hamlin
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Erin Hamlin returns home to hero's welcome
- Remsen Olympian Erin Hamlin featured in Cosmo article
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin to test track in Pyeongchang
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin finishes sixth in Olympic luge event
- Remsen to welcome home Erin Hamlin with parade on Saturday
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Remsen community celebrates Hamlin's decorated career
- Erin Hamlin thankful for family's support this Thanksgiving holiday