ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - There's one less name on the list of possible Republican challengers to Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Former investment manager Harry Wilson announced his decision not to run Monday on Facebook.
Wilson cited his family and four daughters and said he can't commit the time needed to campaign or run the state.
The 46-year-old has experience in turning around troubled companies. He served on the task force created by Democratic President Barack Obama to save the auto industry following the economic downturn. He was an unsuccessful candidate for state comptroller in 2010.
Cuomo has said he will seek a third term this November.
Brian Kolb, the Republican minority leader in the state Assembly, announced his campaign for governor last month. Republican Sen. John DeFrancisco is also considering a run.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Republican Harry Wilson opts out of NY governor's race
- NY Republicans nominate Molinaro for governor
- Liberal group endorses Nixon over Cuomo in NY governor race
- Activist party backs Cynthia Nixon in NY governor's race
- NY Senate Republicans push state tax cut
- Republican candidate for NY governor talks job creation in Little Falls
- Kolb drops out of NY governor's race; GOP field now at 2
- NY Republicans nominate Keith Wofford for attorney general
- NY governor: Bridge-naming backlash is 'personally hurtful'
- 2 possible contenders for NY governor discuss state's future