HERKIMER – A resident at Valley Health Services in Herkimer has reached centenarian status!
Doris Donahue is 100 years old today. She spent the day listening to music and looking at old photographs with her friends at the rehab center.
And while Doris insists there's no one way to get to 100 years old, she says the best part about being her age is sharing her stories.
When asked what it’s like to have her family with her today, she said, “I think it’s wonderful. I’m happy.”
Her family members and the nurses at Valley Health Services say Doris still has her sense of humor at 100 years old, and that she's quite popular with staff and the other residents.
- Resident of Valley Health Services celebrates 100th birthday
- Local WWII vet celebrates 100th birthday
- Valley Health Services breaks ground on expansion
- Happy 96th Birthday, Betty White!
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency celebrates opening of Ilion office
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Changes being made to health services for disabled individuals
- Oneida Co. Health encouraging residents to utilize Healthy Neighborhoods Program
- United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica area celebrates 96th annual campaign
- YWCA Mohawk Valley celebrates 30th annual Salute to Outstanding Women Awards