How do you kick off Utica Restaurant Week? Ribbon cutting? No. Ground breaking? No.
You have a sandwich biting.
Utica city officials and event organizers bit into a wrap from Utica Restaurant Week participant Bagg's Square Cafe Friday morning at City Hall, to officially kick off Restaurant Week. It's a chance for restaurants to offer creative specials and deals, in order to attract new customers and encourage repeat customers to try something new.
"If there’s one thing Utica, New York is known for... it’s our FOOD," the Restaurant Week webpage reads.
"So, Restaurant Week we invite all of the restaurants that are participating to put together a special menu that is available for that week only, so we give them creative freedom to put together whatever they like," said Restaurant Week co-chair Michelle McCarrick Truett. "A lot of them are doing three-course dinner, so it has appetizer, entrée and dessert for a set price. Other ones, especially our lunch items, are doing like $5 sandwiches and they are all different."
There are 40 restaurants participating in the event. Restaurant week runs Friday, June 8 through Sunday, June 17.
To check out the restaurants and menus for Restaurant Week in Utica, click here.
Utica Restaurant Week begins today with over 40 restaurants participating this year. Bring your friends & family to sample the best food in the world! More info at https://t.co/mXM0z3l8a0 #UticaNY #eatlocal #uticarestaurantweek #BankofUtica pic.twitter.com/UxFVZ1Pemq
— Robert M. Palmieri (@MayorPalmieri) June 8, 2018
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Utica
- Utica fire crews investigating fire at El Barajo Restaurant
- 2 Utica restaurants to be featured in Travel Channel shows
- First ever Utica Summer Fest kicks off Thursday afternoon
- Free Levitt AMP concert series kicks off in Utica
- Utica police kicking off outdoor summer movie series Tuesday evening
- CNY Fashion Week comes to Utica
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant
- 34th annual Raymond Kayser Bonspiel kicks off at Utica Curling Club