RICHFIELD SPRINGS – A Richfield Springs man is facing a felony charge after he allegedly punched through a TV during an argument, according to New York State Police.
Matthew Thompson, 36, is charged with felony third-degree criminal mischief.
Police say around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, troopers responded to a home on Lake Street in the village of Richfield Springs for a report of a dispute. Police say Thomspon allegedly punched through a 42-inch TV screen during a verbal dispute with his girlfriend.
Police say the TV was valued at about $400, and Thompson was not injured during the incident.
Thompson was arraigned in Richfield Springs court and released on his own recognizance. He’s scheduled to reappear in court on March 27.
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV
- Veterans honored at Richfield Springs Central School
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- A Richfield Springs B&B Chimney fire spreads to attic
- Richfield Springs: Council members and public discuss land ordinance
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- Richfield Springs man accused of setting fire to ex-girlfriend's clothes
- Herkimer man facing felony charges after admitting to burglaries
- Utica man facing several felony child porn charges
- Utica man charged with felony for allegedly violating order of protection