UTICA, NY – The Ride for Missing and Exploited Children is right around the corner.
Hard to believe after what seemed like a never-ending winter.
On Monday, the final informational meeting was held for riders and volunteers at MVCC’s Utica campus.
This year there are just under 500 riders participating.
About 90 of them are first-time riders
Jim White, president of the ride’s Leadership Team, says it’s an experience those first-time riders will never forget.
"It's quite a celebration as we ride in. We cross under the big American flag that the fire department hoists up and we turn the corner on to Oxford road. It's euphoria. It's really a great feeling. You know you've done a good day's work when you finally arrive."
This year’s ride takes place on Friday, June 1st.
- Gearing up for the 22nd Annual Ride for Missing Children
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Nice weather for first Ride for Missing Children Commitment Ride
- Ride for Missing Children to hold first meeting tonight
- 'The Ride for Missing Children' meets at MVCC
- Speaker at 'The Ride for Missing Children' meeting keeps hope in his missing children case
- 22nd Congressional district race heats up
- Fourth annual memorial ride for Phoebe Jonchuck to raise money for scholarship fund
- Longtime ride supplier Hawkins Amusement Rides closes business
- Mug Club: Escorted Motorcycle Ride