ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says all road construction will be suspended through New Year's Day to ease travel over the holiday weekend.
The Democratic governor also says the Thruway Authority will continue its 47-year tradition of offering free coffee and tea at the 27 travel plazas along the highway from 11 p.m. New Year's Eve through 7 a.m. New Year's Day.
Road construction will be suspended from 6 a.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Tuesday.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Roadwork suspended for upcoming holiday weekend
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Gov. Cuomo says state budget deal reached before holiday weekend
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season
- Weekend forecast
- Beating holiday back pain
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Swapping holiday sweet treats
- Happy Holidays from WKTV!
- Syracuse University fraternity suspended for racist videos