(WYFF/NBC News) A South Carolina teacher received an unexpected surprise from Santa earlier this week...a marriage proposal!
Traci Thompson, a science teacher at Rainbow Lake Middle School in Chesnee, was shocked when Santa arrived during a school assembly and dropped to one knee. The jolly old elf turned out to be her boyfriend, Chris Garrett, in disguise.
"I'm really exited. I'm happy. She's the girl, the girl of my dreams. Everything I want," Garrett said after Thompson said "yes."
- Santa pops the question
- How 'Sensory Santa' is making a difference
- NORAD to track Santa for 62nd year
- Santa Makes a Stop at Price Chopper
- Motive a mystery in Santa Fe massacre
- Trump's $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan prompts questions
- Local 'Santa Claus' honored by Heritage Health Care Center
- XNG Representatives present, answer questions from Otsego County community
- South Utica Neighborhood meeting raises questions about St. Elizabeth Campus
- Evictions at the former Oneonta Hotel raise questions