WILMINGTON, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities are asking anyone who saw skier Constantinos "Danny" Filippidis on Whiteface Mountain late Wednesday afternoon to call New York State Police.
Police, forest rangers and numerous other agencies have been searching for the 49-year-old Toronto firefighter since 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. He was wearing a green jacket and black helmet and was last seen by companions at 2:30. Police say he's an intermediate skier.
More than 140 people were assisting in the search on Friday.
State Police Information Officer Jennifer Fleishman says a strong snowstorm made visibility poor Wednesday afternoon.
A helicopter and search dogs assisted in the search effort Thursday.
Frank Ramagnano, spokesman for the Toronto Professional Firefighters Association, says Filippidis is part of a group of Toronto firefighters making their annual ski trip.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Searchers look for 49-year-old skier on Whiteface Mountain
- Missing Adirondacks skier found safe in California
- New Hartford offices will move to Gander Mountain location
- Maddie Phaneuf to host community reception at McCauley Mountain on Sunday
- Town of New Hartford buys former Gander Mountain building for $1.9M
- Town of New Hartford moving offices into former Gander Mountain building.