UPDATE: XNG has issued a statement after one of their tractor trailers carrying natural gas rolled over on State Route 28 in Schuyler Lake on Wednesday afternoon:
"Yesterday (Wednesday, July 11, 2018), an XNG truck left the pavement on Route 28, just north of Schuyler Lake.
XNG employs state-of-the-art monitoring systems and has already determined that the truck was going below the speed limit at the time of the accident. The vehicle’s safety systems operated as they should and there have been no injuries reported at this time.
XNG is grateful for the quick and professional response of local and New York State emergency responders. We are working cooperatively with them to help ensure that there is no danger to the community or the environment.
As always, we will use this incident to learn about our processes and procedures and to make any needed adjustments to help improve our strong safety record. Again, we are thankful to the local emergency responders who have helped us in response to this event.”
State Route 28 was closed overnight between county routes 22 and 16, and the road reopened early Thursday morning.
SCHUYLER LAKE – A section of State Route 28 in Schuyler Lake, Otsego County is closed following a tractor trailer rollover crash, according to New York State Police.
State Route 28 is currently closed between County Routes 22 and 16, and state police say the road will likely be closed for quite some time.
The crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. State police say it was a tractor trailer carrying natural gas cylinders, and they are currently venting the truck now due to safety protocols. The crash occurred in a rural area, so no evacuations are taking place.
Police say no injuries have been reported in the crash.
- UPDATE: XNG responds to Rt. 28 rollover crash in Schuyler Lake
- XNG driver ticketed in Schuyler Lake rollover crash
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Tractor trailer rollover crash reported on Rt. 365 in Verona near Thruway
- XNG Representatives present, answer questions from Otsego County community
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in 3-vehicle crash on Rt. 233 in Westmoreland
- UPDATE: 2 arrested in connection to Schuyler meth lab
- Aluminum benches stolen from a Schuyler playground
- Cars and corn highlight annual Schuyler event
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash