UPDATE: Four people were injured in a three-car crash in Rome Thursday morning, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
At approximately 9:07 a.m., deputies responded to the three-car crash on State Route 233 at the intersection with Butts Road. Deputies say 30-year-old Kenneth Hoag of Hoosick Falls was driving a Chevrolet Silverado northbound on State Route 233 when he rear-ended a 2015 Kia Sol driven by 74-year-old Harriot Brennan of Butts Road in Rome.
Deputies say Brennan was slowing down to make a left turn onto Butts Road when Hoag’s vehicle rear-ended her. Brennan’s vehicle was then pushed into the southbound lane on State Route 233 and it was struck by a 2011 Jeep Cherokee driven by 71-year-old Joseph Malbouf of Lowville.
Malbouf complained of back pain and his front-seat passenger, 70-year-old Amy Malbouf, complained of shoulder pain. They were both transported to the emergency room at Rome Memorial Hospital by AmCare Ambulance, and so was Hoag, who complained of chest pain.
Brennan complained of neck pain and was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by AmCare Ambulance.
Hoag was issued a traffic ticket for following too close, and he’s scheduled to appear in Rome City Court next month.
The Rome and Stanwix Heights fire departments assisted at the scene, as well as New York State Police.
ROME – A section of State Route 233 in Rome is closed due to a multi-vehicle accident, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The southbound lanes of State Route 233 are blocked to traffic at Lamphear Road.
The crash occurred just after 9 a.m. Thursday, according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
- UPDATE: 4 injured in 3-car crash on State Route 233 in Rome
- State DOT reopens Route 233 following dump truck crash
- UPDATE: State Route 233 reopens following downed wires
- 1 person hurt in 3-car crash in Rome
- UPDATE: Section of Route 233 likely to be closed overnight following crash
- Residents' speed fears renewed following Route 233 accident
- Deputies ID West Winfield man killed in 3-vehicle crash on Route 233
- Ramp closure on State Route 49 in Rome this week
- Fatal Accident on Route 49 in Rome
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in 3-vehicle crash on Rt. 233 in Westmoreland