It has been a busy morning across Central NY with strong winds causing tree damage as well as power outages. The highest wind gust so far has been 52mph, which happened at 4AM. Unfortunately, the winds do not look to subside until late this evening into tonight. Expect sustained winds of 25-30mph with gusts close to 50mph.
With the cold front approaching, steady rain moves in by the late morning into the afternoon. There may be a few thunderstorms along the actual front by the early evening hours. The cold front moves through this evening with rain changing over to snow showers during the overnight. Accumulation stays on the light side for higher elevations. Scattered showers and snow showers remain in the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Strong Winds and Rain for Monday
- Rain, wind, snow
- Damaging wind in Woodgate Monday
- Strong winds cause damage in western Herkimer County
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Wind recap and winter's return
- Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Strong storms moving through CNY tonight
- California wildfire burns 150 structures; winds increasing
- Wind Chill Warnings until Sunday morning