WATERLOO, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say a man suspected of fatally shooting two people and wounding a third in an upstate New York village has been taken into custody.
State police say the shooting occurred around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in Waterloo, a Finger Lakes village about midway between Syracuse and Rochester.
Troopers say a man and a woman were killed. A second woman was wounded. She's being treated for non-life-threatening injuries at a Rochester hospital. Their names haven't been released.
Police advised residents to remain indoors Wednesday morning as they searched for the suspect. Troopers say he was captured around 7:45 a.m. in a nearby campground.
The owner of a local taxi company tells WHEC-TV in Rochester that a driver dropped off two women at a home, where they were ambushed by a man who then fled on foot.
- 2 people killed, 3rd person wounded in late-night Waterloo shooting
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in Utica shooting Wednesday night
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica
- Algerian military plane crash kills 257 people
- Toronto shooting rampage leaves 2 dead, 12 wounded and a city baffled
- 1 person sent to Utica hospital following Steuben St. shooting
- Green Party candidate plans 3rd campaign in governor's race
- NY Gov. Cuomo wins Democratic nod for 3rd term
- Daniel Romanchuk wins Boilermaker 15K wheelchair race for 3rd time