UTICA- On Friday afternoon, Sarah Conley, Shannon Conley and David King spoke with NEWSChannel 2 about their expectations of the Dateline Special airing.
The sisters said they didn't know what to expect. They said they would hope after watching, the public would see that wrongful convictions do exist.
We talked with Sarah Conley after the special aired, and she said she was happy with the way Dateline portrayed the investigation."So far I'm pretty happy. As happy as you can be in this position," said Sarah.
Adam Yoder's cousin, David King, also said he hopes the public would see the same. He said he backs Conley because he thinks more needed to be done.
"I feel like too little was done too late, and not enough stones were unturned," said King.
Sarah Conley told us, all she wants is for viewers to continue the conversation in wrongful conviction. "Hopefully people will be intrigued to do their own research into the case and see that there is a group of people that are supporting Katie
and will be fighting every single day to bring her home where she belongs," said Sarah.
- Conley Case on Dateline
- Dateline NBC correspondent discusses Conley/Yoder episode
- Sarah and Shannon Conley talk about Dateline special
- Newstalk after Dateline
- WATCH: Preview Friday's Dateline NBC episode on Mary Yoder, Kaitlyn Conley
- Conley Retrial: Closing Arguments
- Prosecution rests; defense begins their case in Conley murder trial
- Conley Trial: Prosecution vilifies Conley, defense accuses Yoder's husband
- Conley Retrial: Jury selection underway
- Jury begins deliberating Conley's fate