PARIS – A taxi van and a tractor trailer hauling a fuel tank were involved in a crash in the town of Paris Tuesday morning, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6, 44-year-old James Newey of Rome was driving a 2007 Dodge Taxi Van northbound on State Route 8 in the town of Paris when he lost control of the vehicle, causing his vehicle to be pulled into traffic in the southbound lane.
Newey was unable to correct the vehicle and he struck the rear of a tractor trailer hauling approximately 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel, according to deputies. The tractor trailer was significantly damaged but no fuel was spilled in the crash.
Deputies say unsafe speed and slippery road conditions were contributing factors in the crash. Newey was issued a traffic ticket for failure to maintain lane.
Deputies say nobody was injured in the crash.
New York State Police, the state Department of Transportation, and the Clayville and Cassville fire departments assisted at the scene.
- Taxi van, tractor trailer hauling fuel involved in town of Paris crash
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- UPDATE: Florida man killed, woman injured in tractor trailer crash on Thruway
- Tractor trailer rollover crash reported on Rt. 365 in Verona near Thruway
- Section of Rt. 20 in Richfield Springs closed due to tractor trailer accident
- Tractor trailer accident closes Route 365 off-ramp in Rome for hours
- UPDATE: Police ID Oriskany Falls woman killed in accident with tractor trailer
- Boil water advisory lifted in town of Paris