Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? Wednesday will be a big travel day across the region, and we want to get you prepared for the weather if you are one of the many on the road.
The very mild weather we enjoyed on Tuesday is not going to stick around. A cold front is expected to move through the region early Wednesday morning. This brings a round of rain to the region, changing to snow. Snow accumulation from the front itself looks minor, with a dusting to a half inch for most areas. The snow from the front ends by 9am, with lake effect snow showers in it's wake. Light snow showers and flurries expected on Wednesday, with highs in the mid 30s.
Aside from wet roads, the weather should not cause any big headaches for travelers. Breezy conditions are expected Wednesday afternoon, with highs in the 30s.
Thanksgiving looks quiet across the region, with overcast skies and highs in the 30s.
- Thanksgiving Travel Forecast
- Replacement of Milford bridge complete in time for Thanksgiving travel
- Preparing for Thanksgiving travel: Traffic, weather and more
- Cleaning up from Thanksgiving
- Necessary travel during snow storms
- Supreme Court upholds travel ban
- Stove Top unveils new 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- NY launches mobile app for Thruway travel
- Winter weather to impact holiday travel plans
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast