UTICA, NY- Fundraising season is in full effect as The American Heart Association announces a new goal.
Volunteers and club members came together to help the AHA celebrate their annual Kick-off and News Conference at Yahnundasis Golf Club.
The organization's fundraising goal for the upcoming America's Greatest Heart Run & Walk Weekend is $1,114,690.
This year's Red Cap survivor ambassadors were also announced at the event, and include the Benham family.
From the family we were introduced to a young girl by the name of Grace, who survived a congenital heart defect, and her father Ron who had a heart attack less than a year ago.
"I went in for a basic heart cath and I was told I needed a triple bypass," Roy said. "Quite a shock. I thought I was going to have a small procedure and then come out. You need watch what you eat. You need to watch what you do cause it can sneak up on you and you could be someone that's not as lucky as I am and not survive it."
America's Greatest Heart Run & Walk Weekend will take place on Friday, March 2nd and Saturday, March 3rd.
If you are interested in forming a fundraising team or volunteering for the event, you can contact the American Heart Association at (315) 580-3964. You can also register for the event at www.uticaheartrunwalk.org.
- The American Heart Association announces new fundraising goal
- Local American Heart Association announces new executive director
- NYCM Insurance employee raises $85,000 for Heart Association
- Rescue Mission goals
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- 2018 Goal: Achieving financial fitness
- GOP fundraiser takes on Gillibrand, announces Senate run
- Kids Heart Challenge postponed
- Newstalk: Kids Heart Challenge