LYONS FALLS - The American Red Cross is assisting two families this morning following an apartment fire in Lewis County.
The fire broke out just before 5 p.m. Thursday at an apartment building located at 4121 Center St., Lyons Falls. Officials say the upstairs tenant noticed smoke, then called 911 and got everyone out of the residence.
When Lyons Falls fire crews arrived on scene, the second story attic was fully involved. Fire officials say the apartment building was completely destroyed by the fire.
Port Lyden and Constableville fire departments also assisted in putting out the fire.
Officials say the cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Red Cross assists 2 families after fire destroys Lyons Falls apartment
- 6 people assisted by Red Cross after fire destroys Annsville home
- UPDATE: Blossvale trailer a total loss after fire; Red Cross assisting 2 people
- Red Cross called in to help family of four after house fire in Westmoreland
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping victims of Rome house fire
- Elizabeth Street fire victims get help from Red Cross
- Red Cross helps 2 people after Cooperstown fire
- Family displaced by fire that destroyed Lewis County home
- Middleville Garage Fire Destroys Home
- Fire destroys barn in Plainfield