New Hartford, N.Y. - Members of the Utica College Men’s Hockey Team and the team’s head coach were up for auction on Sunday.
The auction was part of the first annual Hockey For Wishes Luncheon, a Celebration of Wishes and Utica College Men’s Hockey. It was held at Valentino’s Banquet Hall in New Hartford.
Diane Kuppermann, President and CEO of Make-a-Wish Central New York, says the idea to auction off players came from a similar event Make-a-Wish holds in Syracuse with the Syracuse University Men’s Basketball team and head coach Jim Boeheim.
Kuppermann says each event raises money to help grant more wishes for kids in the area suffering from a life threatening illness, “Right now we have 24 wishes in process right here in the Mohawk Valley, 120 wishes for the 15 county footprint that we serve, so events like today where we can raise money and awareness is so much needed for us."
The hope is the event will raise about $5,000.
- U.C. players and head coach auctioned off to help Make-a-Wish
- Matt Patricia makes first appearance as Detroit Lions head coach
- UC students gathering Wednesday night
- UC hosts business plan competition
- MVCC and UC sign articulation agreement
- Photos show man accused of making threats in UC 'safe zone' during lockdown
- UC student accused of making terroristic threats indicted by grand jury
- Mug Club: 10th Annual HALO Chinese Auction
- Make-A-Wish surprises 6-year-old boy with a trip to Disney World