(KPRC) Your gut plays a key role in your health. When everything is going well, you probably don't even think about your digestive system, but it can quickly get the attention of you and your doctor when there is a problem.
Dietitian Gabriela Gardner says unbalanced bacteria in your gut could lead to inflammation which causes bloating, gas, diarrhea and headaches. Some research looks at an unhealthy gut possibly leading to skin problems, poor concentration and depression too.
To recover from the symptoms of an unhealthy gut, Garnder says to eat more foods with fiber and antioxidants.
Sugar-free cultured drinks, like kefir, found in the yogurt and milk aisle, help restore good bacteria. While pairing this with protein and high-fiber foods like pistachios, almonds, chia seeds and anti-inflammatories like black pepper or flaxseeds, your gut can recover.
Then, drink plenty of water.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2GfT8HN
- Unhealthy gut: The warning signs
- Ryan Seacrest calls being accused of misconduct 'gut-wrenching'
- Rand Paul: Trump should trust his gut on Syria
- Midwest warning signs for Democrats
- More than 95% of world's population breathing unhealthy air, says new report
- Chicago Mourns Slaying Of Police Commander; 'A Gut Punch To The City'
- The warning signs almost everyone missed
- Don't tell me about the warning signs, President Trump
- Are varicose veins a warning sign of potentially deadly clots?
- Home Depot's sluggish sales may be warning sign for housing