UTICA- Just after 7 p.m. on Friday, crews were dispatched to Hopper Street near Genesee Street for a motor vehicle crash.
Police said when they got there, they found the car off the road and two utility poles hit with wires in the road. When they went over to the vehicle, they found 33-year-old Edwin Heredia unresponsive and extricated him from the car.
Crews attempted to revive him. Police said he showed signs of opiate overdose, so they administered NARCAN and Heredia was taken to the hospital for treatment.
After further investigation police discivered Heredia was under the influence while operating the vehicle, and he also had a large quantity of narcotics in his car.
He's charged with:
Driving While Ability Impaired—Drugs
Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd –x2 (F)
Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th (M)
Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia (M)
Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (V)
NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law violations
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Utica man charged in trademark counterfeit investigation
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- West Street Apartments complex opens in Utica
- Woman charged with vehicular manslaughter following Utica crash
- Utica man killed in 1-car crash in Trenton
- Utica man facing several felony child porn charges
- Utica traffic stop leads to cocaine charge for Oneida man
- Utica man facing list of drug and weapon charges
- Utica man facing list of drug charges following apartment search