UTICA – A 10-year member of the Utica Police Department has been arrested for an alleged assault.
Utica police say on May 13, they arrested Officer Jacob Penree and charged him with third-degree assault. Penree is accused of initiating an altercation on Culver Court in Utica on May 12, which caused facial injuries to the victim.
Police say they initiated both a criminal investigation and an internal investigation once they were notified about the incident.
Penree has been a member of the Utica Police Department for 10 years and he is currently in a training assignment with the department’s Criminal Investigations Division. Police say he was not on duty at the time of the alleged assault.
Penree is currently suspended without pay, and he’s scheduled to appear in Utica City Court on May 30 for arraignment.
- Utica police officer accused of off-duty assault
- Suspect accused of posing as officer, sexually assaulting women
- Recognizing outstanding performance on duty
- Kentucky off-duty officer shot and killed by police impersonator, authorities say
- UPDATE: Whitestown police identify Whitesboro officer killed in on-duty crash
- Syracuse man accused of sexually assaulting, attempting to abduct child in Utica
- Miami police officer charged with assault denies kicking suspect
- Utica Police Officer Benjamin Winkler dies at age 27
- Two Utica Police officers honored by American Legion Post 229
- Remembering Utica Police Officer Thomas Lindsey, 11 years later