UTICA -- Val Bialas Ski Center will open throughout the weekend despite being closed due to weather.
City of Utica Parks Dept. Laborer Dan Dickan says the ski center depends on natural snow to cover their slopes. He also says employees are working hard to keep the ski center open throughout the winter season.
"Due to weather, we haven't had the best luck the past few years," Dickan said. "We don't have any snow making at the moment, but we're just basing this off mother nature and we're hoping for the best"
Val Bialas will be open Friday (March 9th) from 5 p.m.-10p.m., Saturday (March 10th) from noon-10 p.m. and Sunday (March 11th) from noon-5 p.m.
Lift tickets are $10 per person, per day. The ski center only accepts cash payments.
- Val Bialas opens despite weather complications
- Val Bialas open Friday through Sunday
- Val Bialas Ski Center to open Thursday evening through Sunday
- Val Bialas open Thursday through Sunday this week
- Val Bialas open Thursday through Sunday once again
- Val Bialas to close in December; city plans to operate it on limited basis
- Trenton Falls Open
- Boilermaker open registration opens Saturday; 15K spots nearly half full
- New gym opens in Herkimer
- North Utica KFC opens Thursday