UTICA – Val Bialas Ski Center will open this afternoon for four days, Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri announced today.
The Ski Center will be open to skiing, snowboarding and sledding for the following times:
- Thursday, Feb. 8: 4-10 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 9: 4-10 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 10: 12-10 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 11: 12-5 p.m.
Palmieri says that those hours of operation are for this week only, and they’re subject to change depending on the weather.
Lift tickets are $10 per person, per day, and they can only be purchased with cash.
Back in October, the former operator of the Ski Center, Mark Ford, announced that the center would cease operations on Dec. 18. He said they had only been open for six days during the last two years, and he cited the weather as the reason for the closure.
At that time, Mayor Palmieri said the city of Utica, which owns the facility, would operate it on a limited basis depending on the weather.
If you have questions, you can call the city of Utica’s Parks Department at 315-738-0172.
- Val Bialas Ski Center to open Thursday evening through Sunday
- Val Bialas open Friday through Sunday
- Val Bialas open Thursday through Sunday this week
- Val Bialas open Thursday through Sunday once again
- Val Bialas opens despite weather complications
- Val Bialas to close in December; city plans to operate it on limited basis
- New York's state-run ski centers in Adirondacks to open
- North Utica KFC opens Thursday
- Strong Thunderstorms Possible Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- National Comedy Center officially opens in western New York