A Vernon man is facing animal cruelty charges, according to the Central New York SPCA.
SPCA officials say 32-year-old Glen Wallis of Vernon was arrested on April 4 and charged with one count of animal cruelty for failing to provide proper sustenance to an animal, and one count of animal cruelty for confining an animal in unhealthy and unsanitary conditions, both of which are misdemeanors. SPCA officals did not specify what kind of animal Wallis allegedly mistreated.
Wallis was released on an appearance ticket for Vernon Town Court, and SPCA officials say the animal is receiving veterinary care at the CNY SPCA.
- Vernon man facing animal cruelty charges
- Discussion on ways to improve animal cruelty laws
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season
- Man killed, teen injured in head-on crash in Vernon
- Canastota man accused of raping child in Vernon
- Otsego County Sheriff provides more information on New Lisbon animal cruelty case
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Hundreds gather at Vernon Downs for opening night
- Clark Mills man faces drug charges