SULLIVAN -- Authorities have identified the couple that was involved in an apparent murder-suicide in Madison County Monday.
Officials say the incident was likely a domestic dispute.
SWAT teams in armored cars were surrounding the home along Bridgeport-Kirkville road in the Town of Sullivan.
Law enforcement blocked off the road for hours and neighbors were evacuated.
Investigators say Amy Sliwowski and Adam Atkinson were found dead in their home.
The investigation shows that Atkinson shot and killed Sliwowski before taking his own life.
According to CNY Central, a relative of Atkinson went to the home to try and help, but called police after hearing gunfire.
Neighbors say the couple that lived in the home have had issues recently.
An autopsy of the couple has been conducted. We will be following this story and have those findings for you once they are released.
- Victims identified in apparent murder-suicide
- Police: Sullivan couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Demi Lovato hospitalized for apparent drug overdose
- NewsTalk: safeTALK suicide prevention training
- UPDATE: Police identify 7-year-old fatal fire victim, mother in critical condition
- Child playing with stove apparently sparked NYC fire that killed 12
- Local law enforcement warns Facebook users of apparent child sex abuse video
- Murder victim's widower spends hours on witness stand in Conley trial
- Victim in John Street stabbing dies of injuries; suspect now charged with murder
- Witness claims Ricky Woods Jr. admitted to killing victim in murder trial