CANASTOTA, N.Y. (AP) - Former heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, four-division world champion Erik Morales, and light middleweight champion Ronald Wright have been elected to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
German promoter Klaus-Peter Kohl and broadcasters Steve Albert and Jim Gray also were elected as non-participants and observers. Elected posthumously were Sid Terris in the old-timer category, and ring announcer Johnny Addie and promoter Lorraine Chargin in the non-participant category.
Voting was conducted by members of the Boxing Writers Association and a panel of international boxing historians.
The induction ceremony is June 10, 2018, in Canastota, New York.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vitali Klitschko and Erik Morales win election to Boxing HOF
- Parking and trolley information for Baseball HOF weekend
- Boxing Hall of Fame weekend approaches
- 2018 Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' assembles biggest box office opening ever
- U.S. warns liquid nicotine packets resemble juice boxes, candy
- Tenney Re-Election Gets Heated
- Village and Town election results
- 2 teens charged with setting fire to antique box car in Milford
- Larry Fitzgerald named grand marshal for Boxing Hall's Parade of Champions