UTICA – ‘Tis the season for giving, and for giving thanks.
This afternoon the Central New York Veterans Outreach Center in Utica is saying "thank you" to the Ward Arcuri Law Firm for donations that were given to the center to benefit local veterans. Today’s donation included 30 turkeys and 30 bags of potatoes.
The law firm asked the center what it was in need of, and from there they got together and bought what representatives from the center asked for.
“Last week they told us they needed turkeys and potatoes, mostly, so we called hannaford and they were very kind and gave us a great price on turkeys, so we could get as many as possible,” said Nathalie Nerber of the Ward Arcuri Law Firm. “We picked them up this morning and brought them down here and now we're sorting all of the food that’s been donated to the center so that we can put it into boxes for the families that need it.”
Veterans and their families can either call ahead or just show up at the center and ask for what they need for the holidays.
- Ward Arcuri Law Firm donates turkeys, potatoes to Veterans Outreach Center
- Tenney makes donation to Veterans Outreach Center
- Tenney to donate a day's worth of pay to Veteran's Outreach Center
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- Don't wash your turkey!
- Turkey Trouble? Call Butterball!
- Vietnam veterans honored at Parkway Center ceremony
- Russian McDonald's to begin using home-grown potatoes, due to U.S. sanctions
- Local emergency responder provides tips to ward off frostbite
- Report: settlement in Kevin Ward Jr. - Tony Stewart lawsuit