A registered sex offender from Westmoreland is facing a new felony charge for allegedly having a Facebook account that he didn’t register, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
John Welch, 43, was arrested Tuesday and charged with one count of failure to register his internet details with the state Sex Offender Registry, which is a felony under New York State Corrections Law.
According to Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, Welch is a Level 2 registered sex offender, and as a sex offender he is required to register his internet details. Lisi says the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page that he didn’t register, and an investigation found that to be true.
Welch was issued an appearance ticket returnable to Whitestown court at a later date.
- Westmoreland sex offender accused of having unregistered Facebook account
- Sex offender panhandling
- Account Executive
- Local sex offender accused of not registering address
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Westmoreland woman accused of stealing checks and using them
- Convicted sex offender facing new charges for fleeing from authorities
- Sex offender facing new charges for alleged child sexual abuse