UTICA – Wednesday’s winter storm is causing snow covered roadways and traffic delays throughout the region.
So far, just over two inches of snow have fallen in the city of Utica, and it’s expected to steadily pick up throughout the day. Another six inches or so are expected this afternoon.
According to the Traffic Tracker, traffic is stop-and-go on State Route 840 near Commercial Drive in New Hartford, and it’s near a crawl on Genesee Street, Oriskany Boulevard and State Route 5S. Most, if not all, local roadways are snow covered this afternoon, and plows are out trying to keep them clean.
Meteorologist Reid Kisselback is in downtown Utica this afternoon where he says visibility is low.
When driving in snowy weather, it’s important to clean off your car not only for your own visibility, but also to prevent the snow from your car affecting the visibility of the vehicles behind you. It’s also important to make sure your lights are turned on so that other cars can see you.
Our Storm Tracker 2 weather team will be tracking the winter storm as it progresses throughout the day. For the latest updates and weather information, visit wktv.com/weather.
For a complete list of local school and business closings, click here.
- Winter storm causing slippery conditions on local roadways
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Father of baby found in roadway talks
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- The first winter storm of the season
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast