UTICA – A Blossvale woman has been charged with vehicular manslaughter after an elderly woman who was involved in a car crash last month died from her injuries, according to the Utica Police Department.
Around 2:25 p.m. on Feb. 26, Utica police officers responded to an accident in the 400 block of Oriskany Street West.
Police say 43-year-old Jennifer Pritchard of Blossvale was driving a Volkswagon eastbound on Oriskany Street when she crossed over the double yellow lines into westbound traffic, striking a Honda driven by 87-year-old Janet Moskal of Utica. The two drivers were the only ones in their vehicles at the time.
The Utica Fire Department responded to the scene at tended to the women’s injuries before they were transported to a local hospital for treatment. Police say Pritchard was found to be under the influence of alcohol at the time and she was ticketed at the hospital for DWI and failure to keep right.
On Feb. 28, officers learned that Moskal had died from her injuries sustained in the crash.
Pritchard turned herself into Utica police on March 5 and she was charged with second-degree vehicular manslaughter.
Police say this is the city of Utica’s second homicide of 2018.
- Woman charged with vehicular manslaughter following Utica crash
- Man charged with manslaughter in connection to Utica woman's death
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- Woman injured after crash into Utica hotel
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Man charged with manslaughter, DWI in crash that killed 1 person, injured another
- Utica man and woman charged following investigation into cocaine sales
- Conley gets 23 years for manslaughter
- Blossvale woman pleads guilty to killing Utica woman in DWI crash
- State Police : 15 year old girl charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide