Blow torch on pipes to blame in house fire in Bridgewater

BRIDGEWATER, N.Y. (WKTV)- Fire crews worked to put out a fire at a house on Babcock Hill Road Road in the Town of Bridgewater Monday night.

Fire crews say a homeowner in Bridgewater was trying to thaw frozen pipes in his basement, and started the fire.

Officials say the homeowner was using a blow torch and ad open flames on the pipes.

The fire was contained to the basement area.

Crews from Bridgewater, Cassville, and New Hartford all responded to the scene.

Fire officials say a blow dryer is a better option if you're faced with a similar situation.

What's On