AT&T Wireless store re-opens at new location almost one month after shooting

NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. (WKTV) - Following the deadly May shooting at its Commercial Drive location, the AT&T store in New York Mills closed its doors until re-opening at a new location on Thursday.

AT&T Corporate Officials said that plans had already been in the works prior to the shooting to re-locate to Consumer Square in New Hartford, but that the incident sped up their plans to move.

It was on May 27 that disgruntled customer Abraham Dickan walked into the old location on Commercial Drive and shot employee Seth Turk before being gunned down by off-duty Rome Police Officer Donald Moore, who happened to be in the store at the time.

Corporate Officals said that due to concerns for the comfort level and peace of mind of their employees and customers, AT&T approached the Town of New Hartford and requested an arrangement with the Police Department to provide on duty, uniform officers, to be assigned to the AT&T Store for the first few weeks that it opened at its new location.

AT&T says it will reimburse the Town of New Hartford for all cost incurred by the Town of New Hartford Police Department for this supplemental service.

What's On