Tools

Police continue investigation into armed robbery at Wal-Mart

By ALLISON NORLIAN

NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. (WKTV) - Authorities are continuing an investigation into a armed robbery at the Wal-Mart in New Hartford during the early morning hours of Tuesday, August 20.

Officers responded to a report of a robbery call around 3 a.m. Tuesday, with employees telling police that the subjects were armed and potentially dangerous.

Four officers arrived on the scene shortly after receiving the call, but the suspects had already fled at that point. Authorities said they trailed the subjects for quite a distance before losing them and Lieutenant Timothy O'Neill said they are working on every possible lead.  

"Right now we're working with the people who were in the store at the time, store videos and we're progressing," Lt. O'Neill said. "I mean, we definitely have some leads we are following."

Police said that no one was injured in the course of the incident but released surveillance footage Tuesday afternoon, hoping that someone might be able to recognize any of the suspects in the case.

That surveillance footage can be viewed at the New Hartford Police Department's Facebook Page by clicking here.

What's On