Officials: Furnance possible cause of Winfield fire
WINFIELD, N.Y. (WKTV) Fire officials are saying that a furnace malfunction could be the cause of a house fire that happened in the Town of Winfield, Wednesday afternoon. Firefighters from seven different departments responded just before noon to the home on Wall Street. The American Red Cross is helping the family of five that lived in the home. No one was injured. Crews from Bridgewater, Richfield Springs, Cedarville, Mohawk, Unadilla Forks and Clayville all assisted at the scene. The fire is still under investigation.