Tools

Ceiling fan malfunction results in Frankfort house fire

By WKTV News

FRANKFORT, N.Y. (WKTV) - A malfunction in a bathroom ceiling fan appears to have been the cause of fire that damaged a home in the village of Frankfort, Sunday morning.  

The fire was reported just before 7:00 a.m. at 107 Second Avenue. First arriving units reported smoke and flames visible from the second floor and attic. 

Fire damage was confined to that area of the home, with some minor smoke and water damage throughout.

Frankfort fire crews were assisted by those from Ilion, Mohawk, and East Herkimer. 

There were no injuries.

What's On