Fire damages garage at Rome residence


ROME, N.Y. (WKTV) - Just a few miles from the fire in Western, another fire broke out at a home in Rome, early Saturday afternoon.

According to officials, the Rome Fire Department responded to a garage fire at a residence on Northwood Rd.

Approximately 6 people were said to live in the house, however, none of them were injured in the blaze.

The fire broke out near the door of the garage attached to the house, blowing out a few of the door's windows and charring the top of the door and house.

However, according to the Rome Fire Chief, the interior of the garage was made out of sheet rock, preventing the fire from spreading, as would have been the case in a wooden garage.

Fire Fighters were able to contain and extinguish the fire in just a matter of minutes after arrival.

Again, no injuries were sustained.

Connect with Spencer on Facebook and Twitter.

What's On