(WKTV) - A fire Friday afternoon in Bouckville destroyed a home and killed some family pets.
The fire at 4108 Crow Hill Road in Bouckville was a total loss, said Rick Gorton, fire chief of Morrisville Fire Department. A rabbit and a parrot did die in the blaze, but there were otherwise no injuries.
According to Gorton, it appears the fire, which was called in at 12:31 p.m. Friday afternoon, was started by a wood stove in the basement.
"The type of construction made it very difficult to fight because multiple additions were added," Gorton said.
Morrisville firefighters are expected to be on the scene for a few more hours putting out hot spots. Several departments responded to the blaze, including Morrisville, Madison Fire Department, Eaton Fire Department, Munnsville Fire Department, Oriskany Falls Fire Department, Hamilton Fire Department and Cazenovia Fire Department. The Erieville Fire Department was on stand-by.