Tools

Fire destroys home in Town of Trenton

By WKTV News

(WKTV) - A house fire in the Town of Trenton early Monday morning left a home destroyed.

The fire on Plank Road began just before 1 a.m. Monday. Thick smoke billowed out of the house as the flames shot up to the roof of the house. Fire officials say it started in the area of the chimney and the attic.

One resident had a minor leg injury leaving the home, but refused treatment. There were no injuries in the fire.

Barneveld, Remsen and Stittsville Fire Departments responded, with Holland Patent providing tankers.

The home is a total loss. The fire remains under investigation.

What's On