Fire scare at Dolgeville Central School


DOLGEVILLE, N.Y. (WKTV) - Fire crews rushed to Dolgeville Central School after smoke alarms went off in the building, Saturday afternoon.

At approximately 4:30 p.m., alarms went off around the school causing some concern about a possible fire. When crews got to the scene, they found smoke billowing out of the school, but no actual flames visible.

According to officials, an air compressor in the elementary shop was left on, causing the belts to burn off, and filling the whole school with smoke.

After about one and a half hours, Firefighters were able to rid the school of any smoke, without any fires being reported.

After a potentially scary moment for the school district, Dolgeville schools will be up-and-running normally on Monday.


What's On