Current Temp 84.0 °F
Wind : Variable at 3.5 MPH (3 KT)
Humidity : 61 %
Pressure : 1010.1 mb
Flood of 2013: All roads closed in Herkimer County "life threatening flash flooding"
(WKTV) - The National Weather Service is reporting that showers and thunderstorms are producing flooding throughout Oneida and Herkimer Counties prompting the closure several roads including all roads in Herkimer County.
Mud slides and road washouts have been reported. Both the town and the village of Frankfort have issued a state of emergency.
There is a mandatory evacuation in the Town of Frankfort and Fort Plain due to the rapid rising water level. In the Towns of Fort Plain, Ilion and Herkimer the situation is described as "life threatening flash flooding."
Places that were already hit hard like, Herkimer, Ilion, Mohawk, are getting another dose of flooding. In the Village of Herkimer, the flood control like along Bellinger Brook behind the Herkimer High School is failing.
****Also, a shelter has been set up at Frankfort-Schuyler High School for anyone in need****
Road closures are as follows:
- Route 51 from Ilion to Cedarville in Herkimer County
- Route 168 from Columbia Street from Route 167in Herkimer County
- Route 365A from 365 to Route 46 in Oneida County
- Route 169 from Kelly Road to North End Road in Herkimer County
- Route 12b from 315 to Route 233 in Oneida County
- Route 5 from Lairdsville to Norton Ave. Oneida County
- Route 20 from Bridgewater to Donley Road Oneida County
- Route 12b from Hamilton to Earlville, Madison County
- Route 233 from 412 to 12b, Oneida County
- Route 5s from Dyke Road to German Flats, Herkimer County
- Route 5 from Dyke Road to N. Frankfort Bridge Oneida County
- Route 5s from 169 to County Road 213, Montgomery County