Current Temp 47.0 °F
Wind : Southeast at 12.7 MPH (11 KT)
Humidity : 80 %
Pressure : 1006.5 mb
House fire displaces 7 in Rome
ROME, N.Y. (WKTV) - Seven residents are being displaced after a house fire damaged their home, Friday night.
According to the Rome Fire Chief, the fire occurred at approximately 5 p.m. at a two-family house on Louisa St.
Officials said that the fire started near the dryer, on the upstairs floor of the building. There were three occupants on that floor, and four on the bottom floor, with all seven in the household at the time of the fire.
There is heavy smoke and water damage throughout the house, but no one was injured in the blaze.
The American Red Cross has been notified of the situation, and is helping the families find shelter.
The fire is still under investigation, but no foul play is suspected.