Current Temp 29.0 °F
Wind : East at 3.5 MPH (3 KT)
Humidity : 54 %
Pressure : 1016.5 mb
Nine arrested for sex trafficking in Oneida County
UTICA,N.Y.(WKTV) - The State Police arrested nine people in connection to a sex trafficking ring, Wednesday.
The arrests came after a 9-month investigation into the sex trafficking of a child in Oneida County.
The ring was lead by brother and sister, Edward and Lynnette Tilden. They used the website Backpage.com to advertise and sell the child online to various individuals for the purpose of sexual acts.
Police said, Lynnette Tilden advertised herself and others throughout the state and east coast using the website.
The victim was referred to the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center. There may be more victims of this sex trafficking ring. Anyone with information should call the state police at 315-366-6000.
The following people were arrested.
- Lynnette M. Tilden, 25, of Utica was charged with sex trafficking
- Edward E. Tilden, 30, of Orwell was charged with sex trafficking
- Alexandria Davall, 23, of Utica was charged with sex trafficking
- Michael J Olsen, 28, of Verona was charged with third degree criminal sex act.
- David J Jamrosz, 56, of New York Mills was charged with third degree criminal sex act
- Michael J. Curcio, 22, of Whitesboro was charged with third degree rape.
- Rosheen A. Brooks, 32, of Utica was charged with third degree rape
- Jakeem E Penn Sr., 35, of Utica was charged with endangering the welfare of a child
- Curtis L O'dell, 61, of Utica was charged with endangering the welfare of a child
This investigation was led by the State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations in Marcy. The Utica City Police Department Metro Unit, New York State Police in Fulton, Hastings, Pulaski and the Oneida County District Attorney's Office all assisted with this investigation.